Istikharah Solah

Solah Sunnah Istikharah

This Solah is offered when a Muslim encountered a difficulties in decision making as Allah SWT is the Most Knowing of all the unseen and will InsyaAllah guide us in which the matter will be good regarding our religion, our livelihood and future well being.

Ahadith concerning Istikharah solah.

Jabir Ibni Abdullah RA narrates that Rasulullah SAW used to teach us the way of doing Istikharah with as much importance as he used to teach us the Surahs of the Qur'an.
Rasulullah SAW said: If anyone of you intends to do any work (and is concerned about its final outcome) he should offer two Rak'at optional Salat and supplicate:

O Allah! I ask guidance by virtue of Your knowledge and by virtue of Your Power; and I ask from Your great blessing for undoubtedly You have power and You are capable and I have none You know and I do not, And undoubtedly You are the greatest Knower of all the unseen. O Allah! If you know this matter is good for me regarding my religion, my livelihood and future well being (or he said: For my present and future affairs); Then You ordain it for me and make it easy for me and then bless me in it. But if you know that this work is bad for me, regarding my religion and my livelihood and my future well being (or he said: My present and my future affairs), then keep it away from me, and let me be away from it, and ordain good for me whatever it is. And make me be satisfied with it.


Rasulullah added that the person should name and (concentrate) on his need when he comes to
 
(Bukhari)

 


Note: Istikharah means asking Allah for suitable guidance. For instance, it is desireable to perform Istikharah if a person intends sending a proposal somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment